I put very little stock in finding a (via the virtual Samson Society meetings / community) Silas after my in-person Silas (2.0) relationship from '21 unexpectedly imploded. And that awful (& embarrassing) relational fallout did linger for close to a year, though some closure did bittersweetly seed whilst finding out he had (thankfully) abandoned Samson Society completely.
Weekly meetings available to you are as follows:
Tuesdays at 6:00 PM, Foundry Church - 3010 Lakeland Cove, Flowood. Call Matt Flint at (601) 260-8518 or email him at matthewflint.makes@gmail.com or Lance Bowser at (601) 862-8308 or email at lancebowser@msi-inv.com.
Wednesday at 6:00 PM, First Baptist Church Jackson - Summit Counseling Suite - 431 North State St. Jackson. Call Don Waller at 601-946-1290 or email him at don@wallerbros.com.
Monday at 6:30 PM , Vertical Church - 521 Gluckstadt Road Madison, MS 39110. Mr. Roane Hunter, facilitator, LifeWorks Counseling.
Sunday night at 6:00 PM, Grace Crossing Baptist Church - 598 Yandell Rd. Canton. Call Ryan Adams at 662-571-5705 or email him at ryan.adams1747@gmail.com.
Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Silas 3.0
Whilst looking back, I don't believe that present Silas (of mine) actually had much of any intention to recover from his chronic sexual sin behaviors. Instead, he dedicated himself therein mostly to internally congratulate himself for admitting to "needing help" (by committing to regular meeting attendance). Too, he basked in the attention I (as well as many other young bucks) bestowed upon him.
Today, my Silas isn't a man I speak to regularly except via recorded voice memos. Plus, we've never met in-person. Yet, I love this man. And at the heart of that love is his commitment (like me) to Samson Society combined with a genuine love for recovery itself. And that's what harkens him back to my Silas 1.0.
-------------------------
My first Silas absolutely loved recovery, as much or more than me even. And only now with Silas 3.0 have I found his equal. It's been a fresh, exciting adventure.
Happy Birthday, my new friend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment